Followers

Monday 30 May 2011

A Busy Bank Holiday

Hi again,

It has been a really busy bank holiday weekend. We have been doing a bit of DIY in the kitchen. It is just a bit as well as we have such a lot to do it is going to take some time to finish.

It has also been my lovely husbands Birthday so a card was made in haste on Saturday morning while he was in work. I wonder if all cardmakers are like me and struggle to think of something to do for thier loved ones.


I used my Forever Friends Black and Gold craft cd to make this together with some black and silver card stock. I was really happy with the result, simple but effective.

I have also made and sent invitations for my son's 18th and Mum's 70th joint birthday party in July.

To finish the weekend I had a blog hop and found a little inspiration from my favourite blog Hungry Heffy. Lesley had made a mini canvas for her home and it got me thinking what I could do with the stash of felt I have recently bought. So this is what I came up with.



I used very thick card 10cm x 10cm and stuck a few layers together and then covered with felt using PVA glue.
I got the images from Simply Homemade Magazine. The butterfly was with the free pattern and the bird was the free stamps from Nitwit Collections which I stamped several times to make the pattern. I am going to send these to the magazine letters page.

Anyway must go Jamie , my grandson, is hungry and asking for breakfast :-).

Bye for now

Gill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I hope you call back again soon xxx