Followers

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Not the best blogger in the world!!

I think the title says it all really I am a rubbish blogger. After my first flourish I have neglected it so much.

My excuse is I have been in holliday and have spent so much time crafting I am not giving the time I need to my blog, Ebay or Etsy. So I have had a chat with myself and hopefully it will do the trick ;-).

I have been splitting my time between sewing and card making whilst thinking of ideas for my kitchen and family room. Well I say family room it is more my craft room really. When it is all done I will post some photo's but for now you will have to wait cos I can only describe it as a tip!!

Whilst on holliday I managed to make 66 cards and loads of lavender bags in readiness for a craft stall at Soroptimist International of Liverpool on the 6th August. It was so relaxing to sit in the gorgeous sunshine of Benllech, Anglesey for two whole weeks doing what I love most. Paul actually said my crafting was like a metorphorical gag as he had never known me so quiet.

I made this card for my Mum's 70th Birthday the sentiment say's 'being this fabulous is a full time job'. It really reflects my Mum because she is fabulous. The images come from Joanna Sheen's Vintage Fashion CD.

This cute pussy cat is one of my lavender bags. It sold straight away when I took some bits into work

I got the pattern for this brooch from Etsy last week. It is by Snazziedrawers. The pattern was emailed to me within minutes of payment and is so easy to follow. I have worn this a couple of times and it is a gorgeous accesory to a plain dress. My Mum wore the one I made for her today and I have to say it looked good.

Another set of lavender bags, again sold so I need to get some more made.

It really is my dream to sell all I make, not for profit, I would just like people to get the pleasure I do from handmade cards and gifts. I realise though that I need to work hard at this as the customers won't come to me!!!!!

Anyway time to call it a night, take care


Gill xx

1 comment:

  1. aww, that kitty is so cute!! such a lovely idea. my cat sometimes breaks into the drawers under my bed, imagine her reaction if she found that i was keeping another kitty in there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I hope you call back again soon xxx